Kimco Steel Sales Ltd is currently looking for a professional, punctual and courteous driver to join our team. The driver should have a minimum of 2 years of experience driving heavy equipment and hold a valid AZ Ontario Driver’s License. Experience with roll-offs is an asset. Driver must have experience transporting new steel.
- Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Present bills and receipts for goods delivered or loaded.
- Supervise the load and unload of the trucks.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Turn in receipts received from deliveries.
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
- Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Operate a basic GPS system.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to the office, using telephones or mobile two-way radios.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as trucks and loading equipment.
- Getting Information- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Handling and Moving Objects- Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Performing for or Working Directly with the Public- Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes dealing with customers and unloading crews.
- Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation and Control- Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Multilimb Coordination- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Far Vision- The ability to see details at a distance.
- Problem Sensitivity- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Spatial Orientation- The ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects are in relation to you.
- Integrity- Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Dependability- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Independence- Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail- Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Occupation Tools and Technology
- Tools- Delivery trucks and Global positioning system receivers
- Transportation- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Related Work Experience- Over 2 years
- Required Level of Education- N/A
- Required Certification- AZ Driver License
Job Type: Full-time